586 ebike rabbit hole part 8

This Joyebike was one of my favorite finds on Alibaba. I believe they make one called the "Ares" that's not fat-tire.

As we're making our way through these screen shots, there's a bit of a gut check for me. Which of these bikes do I remember reading about? Which stuck with me?

That's a pretty sweet looking beast.

Then for some reason, this Eunorau Urus again. This is like the third time this bike has come up. Maybe the Alibaba version is calling me?

Too pricey, weird steering tube.

Frey is the best known direct-from-China bike maker. Decent looking bike, a bit spendy, fat tires, Dorado battery. Still, I wouldn't throw it out of bed for eating crackers.

This Accomile might come closest to ticking all my boxes for cheapest. It is a real eMTB, not a fat tire bike. But, there's no dropper post, and a speed sensor, not a torque sensor. Plus, I think it's kind of heavy. There are some YouTube reviews, basically from two riders who seem to have gotten free bikes, or more. They're really positive reviews. Like, too positive.

And then Wattwagons appeared in my radar. Apparently the Hydra is the same bike as the Luna Z1. At about the same price. Probably a pretty good option.

You can get one with a 52v 20Ah battery with 21700 cells. That's about as good as you're going to find.


These sure look like the same bike to me. In a world of "me too," Canadian brand Biktrix is right in the thick of things.

There's no seat dropper post to be found on this copy kat though.

Or here on this Luna X2 clone.

No, really, yes, clone.

They do "make" (import) an even fancier version, bit at this price we're getting into name brand costs. Might as well get a Specialized.

This can't look very great once you've attached a second battery, but 28 Ah is attractive. That's starting to get into the range of practical transport where we live, where it's a fifty mile round trip to the next decent-sized town.

Not that I'd want to do that on that seat!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

603 Cyberbike Mullet R eMTB review

589 thumbs down

588 quadricycles of the future, today